Sales Development ManagerTitle Sales Development Manager
Location(s) Australia - Melbourne
Australia - St Leonards
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 90527BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we're leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMC is a rapidly growing company with some of the most exciting advanced technologies in the market place. Commitment to innovation, both organic and through acquisition, has positioned us as leader as a hardware, software and services company. Join us in one of the most Elite Sales Organizations in Technology. 90 percent of our management team has been promoted from within, and we offer opportunities for both professional and financial growth.
Job Description Works as a global subject matter expert within a focused area of sales, management, product and technical programs/trainings. Demonstrates in-depth senior level, CXO understanding of EMC sales methodologies and solutions through extensive sales and sales management experience. Incumbent uses that understanding to work with DVP's, Partner Managers and AM's as a lead consultant responsible for the technical and business development of sales and partner clientele by identifying targeted training needs and managing the creation and delivery of appropriate global training programs.
* Gather sufficient product knowledge and functional application of EMC products, appropriate to customers' industries, including success stories and best practices. Provide pre-sales solution presentations and training sessions that will convince business people and technical staff of the value of the solution. Quantify the EMC effect (operational, financial, and business advantages) of the proposed solutions for customers, internal sales and partners.
* Responsible for overall training design, delivery models, service level agreements, and cost structure. Liaison to Direct and Channel Sales, GFS, GSG, and TSG Practices to validate proposed training, tools and solutions. Participate in the business unit's sales and technical qualification process by working with the Sales lead and pursuit team lead throughout the process Deliver presentations to executive level clients and Sr. Sales Leadership at EMC. Thoroughly understands and articulates EMC technical direction, capabilities and business solutions to clients, Sales and TSG. Continuously improve knowledge of EMC capabilities, its business partners, and competitors. Study customer requirements; identify trends and present future training opportunities to EMC leadership.
* Establish strategic relations with key senior managers to assess levels of sales staff readiness, technical knowledge and use of EMC on-line learning and tools Develop, update, and deliver targeted technical sales curricula for global sales clientele based on above referenced needs assessment Keep current with constantly changing technology advances to ensure status as subject matter expert
* Provide New Training support and content development as required; May facilitate Field Account Reviews with EMC partners and account teams; Creates and deliver Velocity Partner Training on a quarterly basis; Creates and deliver customized Partner boot camps as needed. Work closely with the Program Management Office to assess and deliver specific training for partners and EMC sales
* Work closely with the America's Productivity Managers to assess and deliver specific training for EMC direct sales Assist with Americas, EMEA and APJ sales and/or partner training as requested Assist Account teams by accompanying the Account Managers on customer visits and presenting/advising as needed
* Customer Facing Activities: Deliver presales solution presentations in Briefing Center, Field Briefings and sales calls that will convince business people and technical staff of the value of the solution. Prepare, document, and deliver infrastructure solution presentations to the customer. Analyze and fully understand the customer requirements to provide presentations on effective use of EMC solutions to address the major concerns or issues of customers. Contribute to the development and presentation of strategic plans including a focus on the future and emphasize possibilities. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
* Strategic planning abilities.
* Leadership Skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Consultative skills.
* Detailed product knowledge.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Understanding of EMC's products and their value added to the customer.
"> ">EMC in APJ conducts business in 14 countries. We have more than 64 offices, operate in multiple languages (primarily, English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean), and support our customers across five time zones. Working in Asia not only benefits one professionally, it can also provide an opportunity for a personal growth through experiencing the rich new cultures and new people.
"> ">When you chose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.