Regulatory Compliance EngineerThe Regulatory Compliance Engineer will work with multi-functional teams including product, program, NPI, engineering, quality, customers, and regulatory bodies. The Compliance Engineer is responsible for the Compliance Acceptance Process for new and existing products introduced into new regions.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Evaluate and interpret US, EU and other International regulations and standards to ensure compliance and manage risk with respect to product requirements.
* Provide guidance to global and local management regarding product safety and regulatory compliance.
* Provide technical direction and leadership and facilitate communication across multiple internal disciplines such as marketing, operations, engineering, and well as contract manufacturers and other suppliers, resulting in full compliance
* Ensure suppliers comply with domestic and international Regulatory Compliance requirements.
* Participate in design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product safety and regulatory compliance issues. Assist Engineering and Product Operations staff on achieving safety and regulatory compliance on schedule and on budget.
* Conduct or assist in internal investigations and analysis of any non-compliant product / incident. Define and/or assist in definition of corrective action as necessary. Guide post-incident investigation and problem resolution, advise corporate on risk exposures, follow up with action plans for related systems.
* Support NPI and Sustaining Engineers in certifying new and maintaining current certification status of product.
* Monitor testing at 3rd party test and certification labs. Collect, review and release test plans, reports, and certificates.
* Drives documentation and coordinates internal and external testing to confirm that products meet regional safety agency requirements and are documented accordingly.
* Maintain international RC Standards Library and support tracking budgets, invoices, schedule, etc.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor-Ts degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
* Minimum of 7-10 years of International Regulatory Compliance experience in a testing lab or consumer electronics engineering development environment
* Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards.
* Understanding of the EU Directives and Standards and ability to communicate such to Engineering, Marketing, and Operations teams
For more than a decade, Jawbone has developed human-centered wearable technology and audio devices unparalleled in their technical innovation, ease-of-use and sophistication of design. A 2010 IDSA Design of the Decade winner, the company is the creator of the award-winning and best-selling Jawbone ERA and ICON BluetoothÂ® headsets; NoiseAssassinÂ® technology, the world's first and only military-grade noise-eliminating technology; and the JAMBOX and BIG JAMBOX wireless speakers and speakerphones. Jawbone is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Deutsche Telekom, Khosla Ventures, investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sequoia Capital and others. Jawbone is headquartered in San Francisco.
Jawbone is an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, Paid Time Off and much more.
Interested candidates who fit the description are encouraged to apply now.