We apologize for the inconvenience but the job you are looking for has been filled or it has been removed by the recruiter. For your reference, the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are the top 10 out of 709 listings that are in the same industry and location as the job you were looking for. To see more than 10 listings, click here to search similar jobs in HANOVER, MD
For your reference, we have included the original job posting below.
System Programmer Analyst Leader
HANOVER, MD US
System Programmer Analyst Leader
Title: System Programmer Analyst Leader Location: USA-MD: MARYLAND-HANOVER Job Number:_1200ME3
CSC is seeking IT talent that are up-to-the task of challenging CNO application environments with competitive compensation and benefits in defense of the national security interests of the nation. Successful candidates will have 8 years IT experience to include 5 years development and expertise in UNIX kernel and/or low level Windows internals.
Essential Job Functions * Participates in application design and development discussions with clients and management to determine client needs and ensure that product adheres to established specifications and standards. Identifies issues and recommends alternative courses of action.
* Reviews development, modification and testing of applications software by less experienced employees to ensure that product efficiency and cost effectiveness are achieved. Guides revisions and ensures adherence to standard procedures.
* Performs complex modification, testing and debugging tasks on vendor supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment.
* Reviews and edits program and user documentation for all applications developed within the department to ensure that client access to product is efficient and user-friendly. Recommends additional modifications as necessary and implements them as approved.
* Designs, codes and maintains complex applications to ensure applications are efficient and updated on a regular basis; may review work of less senior programmers and provide suggestions to improve product quality.
* Coordinates activities with personal computer support staff to ensure that appropriate support is provided on application issues. Resolves issues through coordination with team members.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field preferred
* Eight or more years of systems programming experience
* Experience working with appropriate application programming, programming languages and analysis procedures
* Experience working with software, systems, applications and network markets
* Experience working with business environment, market needs and competition
* Experience working with company software and hardware products and client software needs and hardware equipment
* Experience working with data warehousing standards, strategies and tools, and company testing methodologies and other relevant technical procedures Other Qualifications
* Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Strong communication skills to communicate with other team members, customers and management and to provide documentation to appropriate personnel
* Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
* Strong data analysis and software testing skills to test program modifications and enhancements
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design and development of application software packages
* Project management skills
* Strong ability to lead, work independently and as a part of a team
* Ability to work with relational databases * Six years experience programming Assembly, C, C#, C , Java, and/or Perl * Five years experience developing UNIX applications using make files or comparable build environment or developing Windows applications using Visual Studio or .NET * Two years experience with network sockets programming, developing programs to capture, analyze, & interpret raw network traffic, developing packet-level programs and understanding of packet-level IP, TCP & app-level protocols * Two years experience developing programming tools and programming device drivers in Windows and/or UNIX variants * Current TS/SCI with Polygraph is Required