Senior Software Engineer (Business Systems)Senior Software Engineer (Business Systems)
US- CA, Santa Barbara
Req # 15132
Objective of Position
The Senior Software Engineer 2 is a seasoned software engineer who designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs complex software applications, demonstrating for others how to resolve issues in innovative and practical ways. The Senior Software Engineer will work within our Business Systems team to streamline various commerce systems to a unified process of capturing data. The area of focus will be to analyze existing applications, API’s, and other data reporting tools to create a uniform and universal commerce system platform.
* Analyzes requirements and writes software requirements and design specifications for projects of large and complex scope; may act as a technical lead in design and development activities; acts as key contact for integrity and quality of technical work on significant projects; participates in determining feasibility of proposed projects and the overall plan for implementation
* Actively supports and provides guidance the company’s software engineering processes and standards
* Reviews progress and evaluates results of assigned technical projects and processes against conformance to plans and specifications; takes initiative to suggest specific modifications to design and development activities to improve future results; prepares status, technical, and management reports as required
* Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work; writes and demonstrates for other proper technical specification documentation and leads reviews
* Implements, unit tests, debugs and integrates code of high complexity; demonstrates for others how to design, write, conduct, and direct the development of tests to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of developed or enhanced software; analyzes results for conformance to plans and specifications making recommendations based on the results; develops and initiates design changes or enhancements as necessary
* Participates in defining process enhancements and demonstrates to working groups ways to improve specific work practices in the wider organization (e.g., requirement specification, peer review, coding standards); recommends and executes continuous quality improvement in meeting internal and external customer requirements (including customer escalation and crossteam support)
* Serves as technical expert providing direction, guidance, delegation, and project management within a project/scrum team; is responsible for the integrity of technical work on significant concurrent projects, and actively participates in teaching and developing technical team members
* Acts as a subject matter expert providing input and guidance to engineering teams other departments (Products, Marketing, Research, Ops) on technical matters and product designs and may work with vendors or customers on technical information or modifications related to design, development, and research projects
* Actively pursues and encourages others to acquire information and training regarding trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable; attends technical conferences as appropriate and shares acquired knowledge and insights with others; may recommend and lead peer training activities
Qualifications and Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred, with a minimum of 6 years of directly related work experience; 4 years of work experience is required for individuals holding a Master’s (3 years for PhD) in one of these fields (equivalent experience may be substituted for formal education)
* Expertise in algorithms/data structures and good analytical skills.
* Fluency in one or more of the following coding languages C, C++, Java; and familiarity with one or more of the following scripting languages: Shell, PHP, Ruby is preferred but not required.
* Excellent understanding of MVC framework , web application components .
* Knowledge of and working experience in Caching/ Queue / REST / XML and Internet technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, SOAP, TCP/IP,SOAP, XML, XSD, WSDL, XSLT required.
* Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA or other middleware technologies such as Apache, J2EE, Messaging, LDAP, B2B, ESB, Collaboration, and Integration servers
* Experience with web services design concepts, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) / Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment .
* Industry knowledge on integration technologies (commercial and open source)
* Experience with relational database technologies (SQL, schema structure) capable to handle complex reporting requirements using database required.
* Specific knowledge of database technologies: Oracle 10g / 11i, RAC, PL/SQL
* Experience in a high-volume/scalable/critical production service environment is preferred.
* Knowledge of and experience in software engineering process and/or agile development.
* Demonstrated experience working autonomously.