More Jobs at Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
verbal and written communication skills. REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Valid Drivers License Keyword: Cost Accountant From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
communication) Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus Keyword: Inventory Control, Coordinator, Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
Del Monaco Specialty Foods is a leader in custom food manufacturing. Based in Morgan Hill, California, Del... Food From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
TheR & D Project Manageris responsible for managing all R & D related projects and for assisting the R & D Chef with all of functions of the R & D Chef position. This position will interact with members of the sales, production, quality control, finance and warehouse teams to ensure that customer products are produced for Del Monaco Specialty Foods and its customers while following DSF''s Mission, Quality and Food Safety Standards.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Recipe Project Management:
* Guide/Drive projects to completion on time, on budget and meeting DSF standards
* Setting and meeting frequent milestones
* Manage R&D calendar
* Data entry and product set-up using ERP software
* Responsible for new product rollouts and existing product modifications
* Responsible for Go Live process and initial kettle runs
* Assist in training and assure operations meets training standards
* Assist with new product setup (using the Product Checklist) to transition from R&D to full scale production
* Work with supporting departments
* Assist with nutritional analysis of product samples
* Provide reports to all supporting departments
* Assist R & D Chef in:
* Production/cooking of R&D samples in R & D Kitchen
* Recording recipe changes
* Work with R & D Coordinator to process Live Product Sample requests for Sales team
* Assist in designing and writing recipes per DSF and client specifications.
* Research and write recipes
* Source and manage R&D raw materials
* Prepare and cook recipes
* Manage culinary supplies
* Managing and updating BOM''s and excel recipes
* Print weekly recipes
* Manage recipe folders and filing for all new and existing recipes
* Manage customer relations during Recipe development phase
* Customer requests concerning R & D
* Work with customer''s R&D staff
* Interact with customers during DSF visits
* Vendor interaction
* Sourcing and review of potential new ingredients
* Manage Vendor samples and specification sheets
* Manage and prepare R&D shipping when needed (FedEx, UPS)
* Manage inventory of raw materials needed in R & D kitchen
* Manage internal requests for R&D material
* Travel to customer locations for recipe development, sampling, product handling training and any other R&D related business
* Conduct Product audits on existing recipes in production
* Maintain a clean and organized R&D kitchen and associated work areas
* Receipt, rotation and tracking of in-house raw materials inventory and new/existing vendor samples
* Evaluate sample acceptability based on client criteria and expectations
* Direct client interaction on existing products - fielding sample requests from outside clients
* Other duties:
* To enforce the R & D standards in accuracy, time lines, budgets and quality
* Maintain a clean and organized R & D kitchen and associated work areas
* Proficient with Genesis Nutritional Software and USDA application process
* Assist with special projects as assigned
* This position reports to the VP of Business Development and has no subordinates reporting to the position.
* Bachelors degree
* One year experience in Food related field
* Proven Project Management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships internal and external to the organization with a focus on meeting or exceeding service and product expectations.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with all organizational levels
* Ability to lead, manage, and energize cross-functional teams
* Knowledge of nutrition, food and food industry trends
* Strong cooking skills
* Strong food and ingredient knowledge
* Strong computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and ERP a plus
* Strong in multitasking
* Handle a lot of interruptions
* Must have good organizational and time management skills as well as have the ability to meet deadlines with appropriate attention to detail in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with small and large groups.
* Basic food safety knowledge
* Valid Driver''s License
Keyword: Research & Development (R & D) Project Manager, Project Manager, Food Manufacturing
From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.