Surface Maintenance SuperintendentSurface Maintenance Superintendent
Job ID #:6476 Location:US - Carlsbad, NM
Functional Area:Maintenance Department:Operations Mtce
Position Type:Full-Time Regular Education Required:High School Diploma/ GED
Experience Required:5 years Relocation Provided:YES_IN_COUNTRY
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world''s leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world''s agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Surface Maintenance Superintendent?
We are currently seeking a Surface Maintenance Superintendent for our Carlsbad, NM location. The Surface Maintenance Superintendent will manage the Surface Maintenance Department, which provides support for all surface functions. Heavy focus on execution of planned work and managing people. Individual tasks include safety analysis, legal and regulatory (MSHA) communications, interaction with production operations and overseeing the execution of planned work emphasizing cost control.
What will you do?
* Maintenance execution with operations coordination.
* Ensuring consistency of maintenance programs.
* Responsible for communicating on the status of compliance.
* Responsible for ensuring adequate training of area personnel.
* Responsible for conducting audits and ensuring completion of safety audits, lockout audits, housekeeping tours housekeeping tours in accordance with Safety Performance Indicators and Environmental Index.
What do you need for this role?
* High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Major in Mining or Mechanical Technology preferred.
* 5+ years maintenance supervision experience.
* Journeyman Electrician or Journeyman Mechanic preferred.
* Mirosoft Office and Maximo preferred.
* Good execution skills and track record of getting things done.
* Technical knowledge in mining, leadership, planning, and inter-departmental cooperation skills required.
* Ability to work occasionally outdoors, exposed to varying degrees of hot and cold environments.
* Able to lift 0-25 lbs occasionally, climb stairs and work at various heights, distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials, travel unassisted, use fine hand motor skills, wear a respirator, physically able to use standard equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less, hear with or without correction, see with or without correction, read, write and understand basic English.
* Must be authorized to work in the United aic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!