General ManagerGeneral Manager G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. - Operational / Entry-level« Back to Search Form
Location: DC - Washington Job Type: Management
Base Pay: N/A Required Education: High School
Bonus: Required Experience: Not Specified
Other: Annual Required Travel: Not Specified
Employee Type: Full-Time Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry Security, Military, Law Enforcement
Job ID: SS02727
Job Contact Info
Company: G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. - Operational / Entry-level Phone:
G4S is the world''s leading security solutions group and one of FORTUNE magazines 100 Most Admired Companies." We are looking for self-motivated, business professionals to join our team.
TheGeneral Manageris the business leader of a G4S Secure Solutions in a specific geographical market. He or she must have an acute awareness of the market environment, and demonstrate sound business, financial, and growth-oriented management practices in support of multiple business customers; and, as the senior executive in the area office, provide leadership, coaching and direction to the entire office team. The General Manager is primarily responsible for the growth and profitability of the business and retention of existing accounts through excellent service delivery under the guidance of the Regional Vice President.
* Provide direct supervision, guidance, and support of office personnel including recruitment, training, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy.
* Manage the business development actions of the Manager, Business Development (MBD). Where no MBD exists, perform business development for the area office, including prospecting, presentations, development of RFP responses, contract negotiations, and closing of new business.
* Ensure that the planned profitability of all services is realized by utilizing sound financial management principles and continual review of appropriate management information reports (e.g., Profit & Loss, Job Profitability, Weekly Hours, budgeting, collections, etc.)
* Ensure that all Area Office personnel understand, and comply with, all applicable EEOC, wage and hour, and other laws governing employment and that, on an annual basis, an Affirmative Action Plan is properly prepared within the established deadline.
* Ensure that G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. is providing quality service to our clients and that these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws. Maintain an active, strong client relations program by making frequent personal visits to discuss any problems or recommendations for the improvement of service provided.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
* Must possess one or more of the following:
* A four-year degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Finance, or another related discipline
* A minimum of six (6) years of relevant progressive advancement in management
* Work history must include demonstrated strong consultative, analytical and business development skills
* Ability to lead through teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation
* Ability to recognize cause and effect
* Effective oral and written professional communication skills
* Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
* Active listening skills
* Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
* Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
* Attention to detail
* Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age
* Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
* Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
* Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on computer while sitting; standing; speaking; walking; listening
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting up to 10 pounds, and limited stretching and reachingEOE M/F/D/V
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
Apply for this job