IT Support Intern
Title: IT Support Intern
Department:IT Global Operations
Reports To:IT Support Manager
Job Description Overview
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 90 percent of the Fortune 100, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
Ariba IT is currently looking for a paid intern for the IT Support team. Individual must have outstanding communications skills (speaking, listening, written, etc.), superior customer support, learn quickly and be a team player. Intern candidate must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 – 30 hours a week Monday -Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Field incoming help desk requests from internal customers via telephone, ticket system and e-mail in a courteous and timely manner.
· Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate issues (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal customers.
· Basic understanding of Microsoft OS (XP, 2000)/OfficeXP/2003, installation and support.
· Ability to provide telephone/on-site support to local and remote corporate users.
· Ability to perform installations and configurations of PC hardware and software.
· Assist internal customers with issues involving desktop hardware, operating system, application and networking issues.
· Track and deploy IT asset inventory.
· Assist in shipping of equipment (laptops, servers, etc…).
Basic Minimum Qualifications
· Must be able to lift items > 50lbs.
· Must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 – 30 hours a week Monday -Friday
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.