We apologize for the inconvenience but the job you are looking for has been filled or it has been removed by the recruiter. For your reference, the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are the top 10 out of 2,625 listings that are in the same industry and location as the job you were looking for. To see more than 10 listings, click here to search similar jobs in Atlanta, GA
For your reference, we have included the original job posting below.
Senior Java Developer
Atlanta, GA US
Information Technology Engineering & Architecture
4-Year College Degree
Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer-INF0003573
About the General Motors Application Development team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development and testing geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. GM’s Application Development team is responsible for developing, configuring and delivering exciting IT solutions across GM’s core business areas using various methodologies and COTS software tools. Strategies for consolidating software tools and minimizing customizations to enable structural cost efficiencies are a primary focus. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
About the role:
The Senior Java Developer writes the code to build and support GM’s systems, applications, and platforms. This role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Senior Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. This role will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. Each Senior Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. The Senior Java Developer understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Senior Java Developer at GM.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- 7+ years' experience with developing Java/J2EE solutions
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Java Persistence API, and JNDI
- Client side java such as Applets, SWING, SWT, Adobe Flex
- Relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL, or PostgresSQL
- Ability to utilize the Eclipse framework for application development, including editing/compiling code, unit testing with j-unit, and source code management with subversion. Ability to develop extend Eclipse through open source plug-ins and or custom created plug-ins
- Java frameworks such as Spring Framework, JMS, JCA connectors, JDBC, LifeRay, Oracle Portal, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Portal, or IBM Workplace
- Experience building SOAP and/or REST based web services
- Master’s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- RIA tools such as JQuery, ExtJS, JavaFX, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), Adobe Flex/AIR, and AJAX.
- Java based application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss Geronimo, IBM WebSphere, Oracle AS
- A good understanding and practical use of UDDI and WS-Security. Some knowledge in other Web Services technologies such as JAX-RS, JAX-WS, or XML RPC
- Java Database Frameworks such as Hibernate, iBatis
Elevate expectations. Shatter the status quo. Change the game at GM.
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation. We’re recruiting more IT talent from the nation’s leading universities, and increasing the time we spend on developing—and delivering—solutions for our business partners.
In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?