We apologize for the inconvenience but the job you are looking for has been filled or it has been removed by the recruiter. For your reference, the original listing is shown at the bottom of this page.
Listed below are the top 10 out of 7,203 listings that are in the same industry and location as the job you were looking for. To see more than 10 listings, click here to search similar jobs in Nationwide, --
For your reference, we have included the original job posting below.
IT Trainer - Mizan-Tepi University
Nationwide, -- CA
IT Trainer - Mizan-Tepi University
LENGTH OF PLACEMENT 12 months
Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English Level 5
To self-assess your level please click here
ABOUT CUSO INTERNATIONAL
Cuso International is a non-profit development organization that works through volunteers. Each year, we
send hundreds of global citizens to work on collaborative development projects in more than 20 countries
in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. We are one of North America's leading international
development organizations that works through volunteers.
ABOUT THE PARTNER ORGANIZATION
Mizan-Tepi University is a newly established University in the South-West of Ethiopia. As a relatively
young institution there is an ongoing need for technical support around the design and maintenance of a
fully-functioning IT system for the university.
THE VOLUNTEER'S ROLE
Overall placement purpose and specific placement objectives:
The overall goal of this placement is to plan, develop and implement a networking infrastructure for the
university while also building the capacity of local staff in IT skills.
Support strategic/ systems development
• Undertake a needs analysis with University management and staff to develop a strategy for ICT
development within the University
• Liaise with ICT staff and University management to secure the necessary resources to take the
plan forward. The plan is likely to involve a number of stages over a number of years and the
volunteer will need to initiate the realization of the plan, whilst providing immediate support for
day-to-day ICT needs.
• Prepare documents, user guides and manuals on network administration and maintenance eg.
Trouble shooting manual
Provide Technical Support
Depending on the outcomes of the needs analysis, the role is likely to involve some or all of the following:
• Procuring ICT equipment for installation and use
• Designing and setting up a network and training users in its appropriate use • Anti-virus purchasing and installation
• Day - to - day network administration and maintenance: a range of tasks including configuration, maintenance and routine operation of network services - e-mail, virus protection, DNS, DHCP
• Trouble - shooting problems with switches / routers
Undertake mentoring/ training of colleagues
• Importantly, the volunteer will work alongside the small number of ICT staff - training and mentoring them to take on tasks for themselves. It is likely that the University will need more ICT staff and the volunteer may become involved in developing job descriptions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree in computer science or other IT-related fields with 5 years practical experience. • Experience in driving the implementation of ICT solutions for a large organization.
• Specific ICT implementations: extension, management and administration of a large (Cisco) LAN; Internet access (firewall, DMZ, mail, proxy, bandwidth management); Windows servers for workstation management and centralized virus control; web services for Intranet and Internet; central services for teaching and learning.
• First-hand experience in training teachers • Ability to undertake baseline and impact studies
• Experience of staff development; working with a team of colleagues to introduce and manage classroom change.
• Strong proficiency in IT and use of technical equipment
TRAINING AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Our training and support package covers the costs of being an overseas volunteer, allowing you to enjoy a modest but healthy lifestyle while you volunteer abroad. This includes:
• Attendance at a Cuso International assessment day (candidates must cover the first $150 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and accommodation costs).
• Travel and accommodation costs associated with pre-departure training.
• Return airfare and visa/permit (this includes a return flight in the case of a family emergency). • Coverage for required vaccinations, medications and comprehensive health insurance.
• Accommodation while overseas. • A modest living allowance, which varies depending on the country where you are placed
• Quarterly payments to support you in your placement • Modest support for accompanying partners
Please apply online, quoting referral code ETH0385/0003/0002 and the name of the placement.