About this position:
Clutch Group is recruiting an experienced SQL database administrator with a strong background in database administration for law firms and/or eDiscovery providers.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the implementation of new databases and modifications to existing databases in a manner that avoids disruption to production and development systems while following best practices.
- Research, install, upgrade, administrate, monitor, troubleshoot, document, and maintain enterprise databases to ensure maximum availability of critical databases
- Monitor performance of databases and perform tuning and maintenance to prevent unplanned downtime or performance degradation.
- Develop and insure backup and recovery processes are implemented to provide data recovery in accordance with agreed upon service levels
- Plan, build and execute multiple detailed projects/tasks simultaneously. Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills to accommodate dynamic business requirements while managing scheduled project tasks and activities. Project business cases and implementation plans are defined and communicated to appropriate people
- Manage, maintain, and assist in creation of reports, requiring the ability to take complex reporting requests and generate reports to end-user(s) satisfaction
Where we are:
Our main office is located in downtown DC, where the majority of our work is performed and where this position is based. We also have offices in New York, NY, Chicago, London and Bangalore India that this position will be supporting remotely.
How to apply:
Include your compensation requirements (a salary range is helpful) in a cover letter along with your resume.
We offer competitive benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, phone plan reimbursement). Paid vacation, holiday and sick days are available for employees as part of their overall compensation package.
What happens next:
If your resume and cover letter stand out, we'll be in touch to set up a time to speak with you.
The fine print:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Pay is commensurate with experience. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Understanding of database design, clustering, T-SQL (and related programming languages), backup/restore technologies, replication, DTS/SSIS, MSDTC, full-text search, and security. Knowledge and experience with C# would be a plus
· At least 3+ years of experience with e-discovery tools, IT, or data management
· Strong SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 skills with extensive administration and debugging skills
· Able to maintain and troubleshoot SQL server backup and replication solutions
· Conduct advanced troubleshooting and resolve highly complex technical issues including performance tuning Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views & Functions on very large OLTP databases with high transaction rates and concurrency
· Code, test, implement, and modify database structures, tables, views, indexes and stored procedures to support application designs
· Strong communications skills and self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking with minimal supervision
· Organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities
Clutch Group is a certified Minority Business Enterprise, consistently ranked as a worldwide Top Legal Process Outsourcing firm by the Black Book of Outsourcing, Dun & Bradstreet, Frost & Sullivan and Chambers Global. In March 2012, Clutch Group received the Top Business Award by , acknowledging the firm as one of the top businesses in the United States. is the nation’s leading multicultural social media website that links Fortune 500 companies to multicultural service suppliers.
Clutch Group is dedicated to delivering the professional services for law. Clutch Group leverages and incorporates innovative technology, process and legal expertise to help deliver cost-effective services.
Founded in 2005 by attorneys from top law firms and business process pioneers, Clutch Group was among the first legal outsourcing providers and currently has offices in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago and Bangalore, India.