Ever been to the world famous San Diego Zoo? The Empire State Building? If you have, you have used Gateway Ticketing products when you bought a ticket and walked through the gate. In 2009, our top 100 (and we have over 400) customers collectively sold over 200 million tickets -- that is more than Ticketmaster sells in a year. Our systems are installed in the busiest theme park in the world, the largest ferry system in the USA, and the most popular zoos, aquariums and museums all around the world.
We are an established company with a start-up mentality. We don’t have a rigid corporate hierarchy and we don’t produce TPS reports. We support flexible hours and our testers often work at home. We are looking for people to push the envelope and try new things -- people who want to learn and grow and modernize the software development process. We know you can learn whatever we throw at you and we don’t mind that you’re smarter than we are.
We are looking for full-time manual testers to help our team to give our customer’s the best admission control, kiosk, and web ticketing modules for the attraction, amusement and transportation industries. We produce software for the desktop, the web, and mobile devices. Our design and development processes incorporate some of the best software practices in the industry including requirements analysis, object modeling, unit and automated testing. We use Scrum/Agile development methodologies to be fast and flexible.
You want this job because you are deliberate, methodical, precise, and thorough. You can’t stand knowing that a bug got past your rigorous, exhaustive testing procedures. You secretly love irritating the crap out of the developers by continuously finding bugs in their code when they think they are finished. You will write outstanding test plans because you need every base covered and you want bugs nipped in the bud before they even get to the test suite. You’ll design a manual testing regime that will make sure nothing gets by you. If a feature under your examination isn’t ready to ship, you’ll bravely stand up to the QA Lead and the developers and tell them so. If the feature is ready to ship, you say so with complete confidence. Either way, you’ll known you are right. Bottom line: You will be the guardian and defender of quality in this organization, and you’ll make excuses to no one for standing firm on the bulwark of excellence and customer satisfaction.
What we can do for you
· Competitive salary in a low-cost of living area
· Medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits
· Personal Time Off -- You don’t have to work all the time.
· Life and disability insurance -- We don’t think you’ll die, but if you do, you’ll be covered.
· 401k plan with matching -- Because some day you actually will retire
· Flexible hours and possibility to work at home
· Awesome small town Pennsylvania environment with an easy drive to Philadelphia -- We probably have more pizza parlors and sandwich shops per square mile than any other place in the world. Washington, DC, the Jersey Shore, and New York City are also close.
· Casual work environment -- you can even wear shorts if you want, but every time you do it will cost you a $1 donation to the charity chosen annually by our charity committee. Same for T-shirt Friday.
· While our work environment is casual, we take our core values very seriously: Customer Care, Integrity, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, and Communication
· You might even get to visit some of our more exotic locations to support our customers
What we are looking for from you
· Deep experience in testing windows and web applications
· Knowledge of testing methodologies and the software development life cycle
· General knowledge and/or experience in SQL and scripting
· Experience with retail, point of sale or revenue control systems
· Detail-oriented and skilled with technical writing/technical reporting
· Ability to work with customers and internal business analysts
· Additional desirable skills and traits include
· Desire to do cool things with scripting, continuous integration, source control management
· Knowledge of salt water fish tank construction and management
· Barbecuing skills are a big plus
Please send your resume and salary requirements to . Extra points will be given for creative cover letters. Don’t forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites and blogs.
And now, for the stuff Human Resources makes us say: We can only accept applicants who have the permanent legal right to work in the United States and are available for an interview in Pennsylvania. Excellent candidates can be relocated. Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc, is the world leader in high-speed, accesscontrol, admission control, and ticketing software for the attraction,amusement, and intercity bus transportation industries. Located inBoyertown, Pennsylvania, Gateway Ticketing Systems provides sales, service,and support for point of sale and ticketing systems throughout North Americaand worldwide.