What is the opportunity?
What will you do?
- This position will support business \ functional requirement gathering for Capital Markets Operations Business (e.g. Customer Protection, Leaf, Collateral Optimization ...etc)
- Deliver on business requirement. Project vary in operations i.e. regulatory required development, cost effective, operational efficiency ...etc)
- All project prioritizations are driven by Operations and Compliance requirements.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extract requirements - Determine a project's requirements by extracting them from business or government policies, as well as from current and future users, through interaction and research. Anticipate requirements that will be needed in the future.
- Organize requirements from becoming overlooked, and leads to optimum use of time and budgets.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements. This includes using powerful analysis and modeling tools to match strategic business objectives with practical technical solutions.
- Safeguard requirements by verifying functionality, accuracy and completeness of the requirements against the original initiating documents.
- Verify requirements through analysis, test, demonstration and inspection to prevent and correct defects.
- Fluent language skills and written communication abilities
- Fluent with MS Office applications to prepare presentations to stakeholders
- Knowledge of Sybase 10.x/11.x/12.5, Oracle 11g, MS Access
- Knowledge of latest technology, testing software and design tools (Visio etc..)
- Ability to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action
- Liaison between developers and users, clients and companies, management and ITÃ‚Â
Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Capital markets concepts and operations
- End to end knowledge of Trade Flow
- Strong knowledge of various financial products
- Knowledge of tools to support SDLC and Test process
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit ~~~. Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request. JOB SUMMARYCity:
Ã‚Â Jersey CityAddress: Ã‚Â
30 HudsonWork Hours/Week:
Ã‚Â 40+Work Environment:
Ã‚Â OfficeEmployment Type:
Ã‚Â PermanentCareer Level:
Ã‚Â Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type:
Ã‚Â Salary + Variable BonusPosition Level:
Ã‚Â PL08 Ã‚Â Required Travel(%):Ã‚Â
Ã‚Â ExemptPeople Manager:
Ã‚Â NoApplication Deadline:
Ã‚Â 2017-10-27Req ID:
Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) and its subsidiaries operate under the master brand name RBC.
- We are one of Canada's largest banks and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization.
- We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis.
- We employ approximately 79,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 38 other countries.