Field Service TechnicianDate Posted:
Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNPosition DescriptionJOB TITLE:
Field Service TechnicianDEPARTMENT:
Project Foreman or Market ManagerFIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN SUMMARY:
Install, maintain, and repair wireless communications solutions under the direction of Project Foreman or Market Manager. Completing site walks to determine best installation routes and surveys site conditions; installing and connectorizes cabling per construction drawings provided for each job; completing jobsite documentation and other paperwork as required.FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs antennas and mounts electronic equipment per iBwave and/or construction drawings.
- Is properly certified and operates hand-tools, various man-lifts, and test equipment as necessary for proper cable and equipment installation.
- Provides completed tests results to evidence proper installation by contractors.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with market manager, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson Wireless' project management cloud solution.
- Maintains daily inspection, maintenance, adjustment, and repair of equipment.
- Provides updates to Market Manger and/or Project Foreman and reports showing proper installation and testing.
- Conveys project timelines and coordinates with contractors and Customers.
- Maintains daily completion of safety review.
- Follows safety policies for safe work and works with Regional Safety Representative on any safety issues or concerns.
- Properly installs and terminates various coaxial, Cat5e, Cat6, fiber optic, ground and low voltage power cables per manufacturer standards.
- Mounts equipment per Pierson Wireless and manufacturer standards.
- Sets up racks and other equipment mounting structure.
- Uses fiber optic and RF test equipment to ensure proper equipment installation.
- Maintains labeling and documentation of all installed systems.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless' project management cloud solution.
- Travel may be required during a normal business week Monday thru Friday.
- Weekend and night work may be required to complete closeout packages or other job-related construction and paperwork.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff and departments.
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving, fabrication, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN BENEFITS:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Position RequirementsFIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN QUALIFICATIONS:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance - EMPLOYER pays 100% of employees' premiums
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match - eligible at 1 year
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required/preferred:
- Valid driver's license required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (preferred)
- OSHA 30 hour certified (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Other skills preferred:
- Telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Low voltage cable installation experience (preferred)
- Anritsu certification (preferred)
- Fiber optic fusion splicing experience (preferred)
- Stable work history
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Aerial lifts, RF Testing Equipment
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Equal Opportunity Employer
Pierson Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let ~~~ know.
The Company will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on the Company's operations. If employees wish to request such an accommodation, they should contact ~~~.
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of ~~~. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. If employees feel they have been subjected to any such retaliation, they should contact ~~~. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy including any improper retaliatory conduct will lead to discipline, up to and including discharge. All employees must cooperate with all investigations.