Our IT Supervisor will be the primary point of contact for all ticketing and projects, involving the Information Technology Department, and will oversee all active, new, and project tickets through successful resolution. This position is also responsible for design, configuration and process, changes to the system, as well as ensuring SLAs are observed and achieved, providing reports to management.
- Oversees ticket and department projects, directing team members as needed.
- Ensures policy and procedure requirements are met.
- Assists supervisor with development of the team members.
- Acts as a mentor to other team members.
- Supervises efficient working of IT staff.
- Oversees training of new team members.
What you will be doing:
- Working with stakeholders, and IT team members, provides timely responsive support to users, determining the critical nature of the ticket and assigns the issue to the appropriate area for prompt resolution.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all user-related inquiries, and any projects that involve the IT Department.
- Oversees all department tickets ensuring efficient and accurate resolution.
- Provides reporting metrics to management regarding tickets.
- Accurately tracks progress of all tickets and projects.
- Works with team members allocating time and resources, to aid in the timely resolution of a ticket.
- Efficiently, and accurately, tracks and documents issues through to resolution, updating the helpdesk ticket and internal knowledge base while ensuring timely status updates to helpdesk ticket owner.
- Acts as the departmental communication person, informing staff of enterprise issues and outages.
- Maintains knowledge of appropriate technology through research, training, and professional publications.
- Assists with the development of the helpdesk departmental procedures and SLA's.
- Researches alternative approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
- Administers, configures, and supports helpdesk software.
- Works with 3rd party vendors, involving obtaining quotes, ordering, and issuing RMAs for the department.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
What you'll bring along:
- A four-year college degree, or completion of a specialized certification or licensing or completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors or job-specified skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
- 3 or more years of similar or related experience.
- Must have diagnostic and maintenance abilities with PC hardware, software, and Local Area Network. Must be able to write simple PC-based software applications and reports.
- Must be available to work overtime and Saturdays, as needed.
- Must be bondable.