We are recruiting for an IT Systems & Applications Support Specialistfor a food manufacturing facility in Tempe, AZ.
This position supports, maintains and repairs computer, network and telecommunication systems;
provides Tier 1 troubleshooting and application support for local and remote users; educates and instructs employees on how to use different software programs, manages internal network and computer systems; and performs technical support duties and assists network & server administrators as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct employee application support for the following software packages: Warehouse Management System (WMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Productivity System (MFX), Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, PowerBI, Flow), Microsoft SQL Server Management Studios, Asset Essentials (work orders), AspenTech (production planning), Transportation Management System (TMS), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Analyze, test and troubleshoot application related issues
- Develop standard operating procedures for common technical issues
- Research and resolve inquiries in a professional, timely and accurate manner
- Identify faults and issues and recommend appropriate paths to a resolution
- Write, edit and proofread technical documentation and user training manuals
IT Operations Support:
- Provide Tier 1 oversight of daily operations and systems support for local and remote personnel
- Assist with installation, configuration and ongoing maintenance of system hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person or remotely (via phone, screen share or video)
- Complete new employee on-boarding, i.e. user account and email logins, printer and phone setup etc.
- Maintain and assist managing local network infrastructure and VoIP telephone network
- Maintain IT department technical documentation and helpdesk support ticket system
- Prioritize helpdesk functions to minimize customer impact
Network and Systems Support:
- Assist Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams
- Offer basic network troubleshooting (Cisco knowledge preferred)
- Assists in overseeing daily operations of networks including remote VPN connectivity
- Become familiar with our internal systems and work flows
- Perform system process review and assist in automating for procedure improvement
- Become familiar with site specific processes; create technical documents based on industry and company standards
- Create training documentation and provide user training
- Design training and delivery methods for programs to new and existing users ie: cyber security awareness
End Users/ Remote Support:
- Installs, supports and maintains computers, including all necessary updates to hardware and software
- Perform computer imaging and deployment
- Support end-users from laptop, tablet, smart phone, printer, fax, copier to PLCâ€™s and Scada systems
- Technology degree preferred; Any combination of education and training equivalent to a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology, at least 1 year in application support preferred
- More than 3 years of experience: system setup, troubleshooting, implementing, and user support;
- Experience in Technical Training Development
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry preferred
- Skill and Ability to: plan, design, and maintain training material and training programs; provide basic technical support to users; explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff; read, interpret and apply technical instructions
- Ability to learn new software and hardware
- Express proper communication skills; communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Work independently and as a team member; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with end users.
- Travel to other corporate locations nationwide may be required.