Reports to: Chief Engineer at the Corporate Office and to the PM/QC Managers while on the job site
Position: Full time
Schedule: 6 days per week, 12 hours per day
Complete engineering and construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling all technical elements of the project. The Project Engineer also oversees upgrades, changes and is actively involved in any other technical project-related work.
Responsibilities of this Position:
• Involved in identification of and evaluation of prospective projects
• Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
• Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as required
• Prepares take-offs, estimates and proposals
• Assist with prospects/client contact to obtain bids and confirm pricing
• Works with Work Winning Manager and Chief Engineer in preparing designs and bids
• Manages preparation plans, construction details throughout project
• Prepares and meets dates for completion of projects under his/her direction.
• Travels to construction site to assure conditions are as anticipated, work is being done properly, as designed, and assuring design is correct.
• Evaluate ground conditions, design parameters, and potential problems by review of geotechnical reports and soil boring logs
• Directs resources to deliver on time and within budget
• Preparation of daily activities project reports, weekly cost analysis and final reports.
• Identifies/anticipates problems and determines appropriate resolutions
• Follows up and follows through on projects to completion
• Adhere to safe practices