Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for more than 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Quality Technician will primarily be responsible for the inspection and acceptance of hardware / end item deliverables on behalf of the customer. The individual will be responsible for ensuring all engineering and regulatory requirements are met to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Review and accept hardware on behalf of customer prior to delivery, including generation of conformance certificates and all acceptance documentation.
• Provide Quality support and assistance with Inspection personnel while performing First Article inspections. Maintain / Manage First Article Inspection open / completion database.
• Accurately Document defects and create pictorial presentations for MRB items requiring customer disposition. Investigate Root Cause and address Corrective Action for MRB items prior to submittal to customer.
• Perform data collection and statistical analysis to monitor processes and develop sampling inspection plans.
• Must schedule FAA training within 3 months of accepting this position and successfully passing the certification test.
• Must be able and willing to support 24/7 AOG duty a minimum of one week a month.
High school diploma / GED with experience in Manufacturing or Quality.
Knowledge of Aerospace / DOD / assembly line experience is highly preferred.
Acquire and maintain multiple customer representative certifications for acceptance of hardware.
• Must have strong attention to detail in creating paperwork for delivery to customer
• Positive attitude and leadership characteristics
• Willingness to support business needs as required to meet company objectives
• Perform inspections across all stages of production
• Lead quality initiatives of moderate scope and impact
• Work with Program QE on resolution of customer identified quality issues
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Maintain customer required inspection reports
• Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
• Identify areas for quality improvement and implement new methods
• Ensure compliance to company standards and specifications including customer requirements
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Work across diverse backgrounds and education levels
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value.