Worker Sub-Type: Regular
****** Job Description: ******
We are looking for an Senior Front End/ UI Engineer to join our integration team. You will build and maintain interfaces with high-quality, secure code and unit tests. We want you to be passionate and enthusiastic about everything you do. Ready to make a difference?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Use frontend technologies like ESNext, React, Redux, Redux-Sagas, etc to build modern, scalable web applications
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. debugging, automated testing, code reviews, document, writing clean and pragmatic code)
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and backend engineers to build and maintain features
- Solve challenging problems and make our front-end more reliable, predictable, elegant.
- Propose new ideas, performing feasibility analyses and scoping the work
- Capable of leading complicated features, bug fixes, and integrations with limited guidance from leads (Eg. Begin to show architectural perspective)
- Should make the entire team more productive through their efforts. This might be through mentoring junior developers, or by improving the team's process, documentation, testing or tooling in a way that helps everyone in the team be more effective.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced CSS knowledge and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Strong UX and design sensibilities
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-Âawareness and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience using TypeScript, CSS-in-JS, RxJs,and/or GraphQL
- Experience in frontend ops AWS (S3, EC2, CF), CDN, Webapck, CI/CD and Docker.
- Prefers writing functional programming over OOP but can see benefits in both paradigms
- Github project or recent open source project contributions
- Familiarity with Data structures and Algorithms
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
Cover letter/summary expressing:
o Why you are interested in working at Blackberry Cylance
o The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry's products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
Â©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerryÂ® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled